For the second part of our Brooklyn Pride Pre-Show Spectacular, we give you a sneak peak into some of the entertainment coming to the festival. Singer/songwriter Sarah Factor joins us to talk about her music and shares her track Lasting Mark. And, Swanny River and Peezy from the hip-hop group The AlliYance tell us about their lifelong love of hip-hop and the inspiration behind their music.
Brooklyn Pride is June 5-10, and the Queer State of Mind team is a proud partner of the week's events, including our TWO live shows on June 9 and June 10. Brooklyn Pride co-chair Jamie Farnam joined us in our pre-show to give updates on the calendar of events, entertainment and nighttime parade. We're also joined by special guest co-host Jimmy Ramsey from AIDS Healthcare Foundation, our Brooklyn Pride presenting partner. The panel discusses the Kathy Griffin controversy, their pride festival memories and President Trump's decision to withdraw the US from the historic Paris Climate Accords. This month, we are celebrating pride with a sample of pride hits and anthems from the ages. For the music mix, stream the mixcloud player below.
President Trump is traveling for the first time outside of the US as our Commander-in-Chief, and it sure is messy. The girls also discovered the secret to their love of the mens - chicken nuggets, and other fatty foods, apparently. Take a listen to the music podcast featuring old school dance hits from the Pointer Sisters, the Supremes, Honey Cone and more.
Stream or download the talk-only podcast below.
So the girls had to go in. Miley and Katy got themselves involved in some silliness, and it was truly necessary to let them know how Becky they were being. Also, join us in some nostalgia as we think back to our favorite songs from back in the day. Take a listen to our mixcloud show featuring music from Ariana Grande.
Click the player below for our talk-only podcast.
Part 2 of of our RFB Season 5 debut gets into some of our favorite shows, but not all of the cohosts can agree. Plus, one of our favorite guests Lis Stevens joins us in the studio to update us on her new album, her perspective on the first few months of President Trump, and shares some of her horror dating stories. Stream the second hour of the show on Mixcloud, complete with music from Janet Jackson.
And, check out the talk-only version below.
We have a full house for our Season 5 premiere, including our favorite guest Lis and guest co-host Jose, and a special visit from Saidue's sister in law. RompHims have caused a commotion on the internet, but the co-hosts have their own opinion on the latest "fashion trend." Plus, RENT is coming to FOX, but the co-hosts aren't sure if that's such a good idea. Tune in to hear what they have to say, complete with music from Janet Jackson in the Mixcloud player below.
Or, click play on the link below to listen to the talk-only version of Episode #401 part 1.
We’re joined by the President of The Last Frontier Men’s Club as well as the reigning Ms. Alaska Leather (Renee) and Mr. Bear Alaska (RJ)! As always, we kick off the show finding out what brought our guests to Alaska and what keeps them here.
- Tonight is a funny, sexy, kinky show full of info about the Leather and Bear communities within the wider LGBTQ community as well as what TLFMC is all about!
- LUBE WRESTLING AND GETTING DRUNK ON A SCHOOL BUS! We asked Tom about some of the events that TLFMC throws every year. You can see the schedule of events by following the club at TLFMC on Facebook.
- We discuss ACAL (Alaska Center for Alternative Lifestyles), which we learn holds various classes on a multitude of “alternative” sexual lifestyles and related content.
On this edition of Last Queer Frontier, Enzina Marrari and Tom Chung tell us what brought them to Alaska and what they’re experiences here have been. Spoiler alert: Tom chose Alaska over making art with snake bones.
- We discuss the EPIC painting by Tom that was featured in a UAA gallery and caused hella drama. Wait until you hear Tom read some of the postcards that were sent to him by some absolutely insane conservatives. Also, how he was interviewed by The Washington Post (who chose not to run his story), Breitbart News, and various other conservative media outlets.
- Tom talks about some of the driving forces behind his painting as well as some of the animal symbolism he included within it.
- Enzina and Tom tell us a little bit about the history of drama (not the Shakespeare kind) and controversy in the UAA Art Department. Both speak out about struggles they have gone through with students and struggles they have witnessed their students go through and explain what they hope comes of the situation the university is dealing with since Tom displayed his work.
On this episode of The Last Queer Frontier, we meet Assemblymen Felix Rivera and Christopher Constant and discuss what brought them to Anchorage, why they stayed, and what led them to run for the Anchorage Assembly.
- Chris and Felix tell us what ordinances they are passionate about passing to change their respective districts and what they have accomplished in the week since they were sworn in.
- Both candidates discuss how happy they are the LGBTQ community support, as well as support of the community at large, as well as happiness that they don’t feel that they have been reduced to that one LGBT aspect of who they are.
- Chris and Felix talk about differences in party support that they received, as well as their different planned approaches to instituting more programs that involve community policing.
Eric rejoins us for the second half of our Imperial Court episode to talk about a small piece of all the crazy shit happening in the world & Nicole guides us in creating psychic shields and protections. - Chechen concentration camps and how Chechnya has responded to being “accused” of even having any gay people. - HRC has implored Rex Tillerson to speak to Russia about the state of LGBT rights there and in Chechnya. - HRC has implored Rex Tillerson to speak to Russia about the state of LGBT rights there and in Chechnya.