Last Queer Frontier is Alaska’s newest
reality show podcast, a platform showcasing voices of the LGBT, POC, Alaska Natives and Allies of Alaska. Connecting ideas, experiences and perspectives across the spectrum, #LQF is a safe space where the community can feel welcome to come on and guest host for a show. To not only talk with us, but also to come and learn with us and push the frontiers of our knowledge and understanding. Join us for our Bi-Monthly Conversations on Alaska, Spirituality, Intersectionality, Politics, Feminism, Family and so much more… Recorded at The Raven in Anchorage, Ak. with members of the local LGBT community. The Raven is the Oldest Single Owner Gay Bar in the North Pacific. Last Queer Frontier is Produced by The QueerMinded Radio Network ♡
On this edition of Last Queer Frontier hosts Nathan & James invite Alaskan locals Tim & Carrie to The Raven to record a QueerMinded favorite, Queers on the Mic! Because... why not ask some fun, intrusive and/or embarrassing questions about love, sex and dating and record it for a podcast? Seems like a great idea to us. Click HERE to check out Tim lube wrestling for a charity event at Pride. The footage was actually shot by Carrie almost 6 months ago, before they officially met each other at the recording of this show. Yep, Anchorage is small.
On this edition of #LQF we are joined by candidates vying for Emperor and Empress of the Imperial Court of All Alaska: Rhonda & Walt. Also Nicole Poole is back as a former Empress to grill the candidates and talk about what it takes to earn the title!
- We talk about Goldie’s position as Youth Program Manager for Identity, Inc, and what got these queens in drag for the first time. (spoiler alert: they were busted)
- You’re gonna learn all about the “ first, premiere, foremost, foreskinned” gay club in Anchorage—Mad Myrna’s!
- These beautiful queens talk about what drag means to them and how they like to present themselves.
- We also discuss what we would love to see queer culture become in the state of Alaska.
- On a related note, we also discuss the future of the drag community in general.
- Stay tuned, because we’re going to go over some advice for new drag queens that are just finding their place in the community and in the drag ‘scene,’ as well as throw shade at Ruby for not trying new eyebrows.
- During one of my favorite discussions on the show, we talk about inspirations and aspirations and what these queens envision doing with drag in the future.
We are joined by THREE GENERATIONS of Ms Alaska Leather: Sarha, Renee, & Alaska Gemini for a fun-filled kinky show about Northern Exposure, which is Alaska’s only BDSM and Sex Ed Conference. - As always, we kick off the show asking our guests what brought them to Alaska and what keeps them here.. This time things get a little sexier than our typical show though!! - Join us to find out what Northern Exposure is all about and some of the classes you can take part in if you attend Northern Exposure. - If you’ve ever been interested in attending a Play Party, but you’re not sure what it entails—listen up—because we are gonna cover it. - Of course we can’t have this many Ms Alaska Leather titleholders on the show without talking about the leather community and how it ties to The Last Frontier Men’s Club. - We also grabbed some really cool info on IMSL (International Ms Leather) from Sarha about the craziness of being nominated and running for that title. - The show wraps up finding out if each guests could provide us with one statement they could put out in the world to attack some of the preconceived notions that the general public has about the BDSM, leather, and kink communities.
- - This episode we have an Alaska-grown band Granddad (they’re very serious about it being spelled correctly, so take note).
- - We talk about their backgrounds and experiences here in Alaska.
- - James and Daniel delve into the similarities and differences in the ska, emo, and punk scenes.
- - Of course it wouldn’t be the Last Queer Frontier if we didn’t ask some personal questions, and Daniel asks a juicy one, but I'm not telling—so you'll have to listen!
- - We also get the opportunity to discuss what the band plans to do in the future and what motivates them.